How to connect to the internet
The Internet Connection Wizard will fully configure:
using the Internet Connection Wizard
- Windows Dial-Up Networking (software used to dial-up to the internet)
- Microsoft Outlook Express email program (optional)
How to connect to Network Tallahassee using the New Connection Wizard
Search for local dial-up numbers in your area
Internet Connection Wizard (Windows 95/98/Me/2000)
- Click on the Start button, then Settings, then Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Internet Options icon.
- Optional: Set the Home Page address (URL) to any website you'd like (e.g.: http://www.google.com).
- Click on the Connections tab and click on the Setup... button.
- Internet Connection Wizard: Welcome
Select I want to set up my internet connection manually...
- Setting up your Internet Connection
Select I connect through a phoneline and a modem
- Internet account connection information
In the Area code and Telephone number text boxes, type in your local dial-up number.
- Internet account (dial-up) logon information
Username: (determined when you signed up for service)--This is normally the part before the @ symbol in your email address.
Password: (determined when you signed up for service)
- Configuring your computer
Connection Name: NetTally
- Set Up Your Internet Mail Account
This window may or may not appear depending on how your computer is configured.
If you want to set up the Microsoft Outlook Express email program (recommended), choose Yes.
If you choose No to setting up Outlook Express, skip the next step below.
- Internet Mail Account
This window may or may not appear, depending on whether or not you already have accounts configured in Outlook Express. If you're setting up a new mail profile, click select Create new internet mail account.
After clicking on Next, click on this link and skip to step 5 on that page:
Setting up Outlook Express for your email account
- Completing the Internet Connection Wizard
You're finished! If you open up Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, or virtually any other internet-related software, they'll automatically connect you to the internet if you're not already online.