- How to determine if you have the latest version of Java installed
- Remove all older versions of Java - IMPORTANT
- How do I disable Java in my web browser?
- Internet Security Main Menu
If you need Java installed on your computer, make sure you always have the latest version and remove all older versions.
- Verify your Java version (This method only works if you have Java installed and it is enabled in your web browser.)
- How do I test whether Java is working on my computer?
- Remove all older versions of Java (This method can be used to view a listing of all versions of Java installed.)
We highly recommend users uninstall all older versions of Java from your system.q.v.
Keeping old and unsupported versions of Java on your system presents a serious security risk.
Uninstalling older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java applications will run with the most up-to-date security and performance improvements on your system.
Older versions of Java may appear in the program list as J2SE, Java 2, Java SE or Java Runtime Environment.q.v.
- Why should I uninstall older versions of Java from my system?
- How do I uninstall Java on my Windows computer?
- How do I uninstall Java 7 for my Mac?
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed and remove all older versions before continuing.
- How do I disable Java in my web browser? (Java 7 Update 10 and later)