How to connect to the internet
using Windows 10
Search for local dial-up numbers in your area
How to connect to the internet using Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click the Start button or press the Windows logo key on the keyboard to bring up the Start Menu.
- Without clicking anywhere, simply start typing control panel
- Click Control Panel Desktop app at the top of the search results
- Press +X on the keyboard (or right-click the Start button in Desktop mode) to display the Quick Link menu, then click Control Panel.
- To the far-right of Adjust your computer's settings, make sure View by is set to either Large icons or Small icons.
- Click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab.
- Click the Setup button.
- How do you want to connect?
Select Dial-up (Connect using a dial-up modem or ISDN.)
- Type the information from your Internet service provider (ISP)
Dial-up phone number: (your local dial-up number)
User name: (determined when you signed up for service)--This is normally the part before the @ symbol in your email address.
Password: (determined when you signed up for service)
Optional: Select Show characters
Optional: Select Remember this password
Connection name: NetTally Dial-up (or anything else that makes sense to you)
Optional: Allow other people to use this connection (This option allows anyone with access to this computer to use this connection.)
Click the Connect button.
- If the connection was successful, you will see the You are connected to the Internet window:
Optional: Click/tap Browse the Internet now
Click the Close button. If the connection was not successful, click left-pointing arrow in far-upper-left corner of window to fix settings.
- In the Internet Properties window, click the OK button.